Drying wood chips or sawdust
Throughout the year our dryers use residual heat (for instance from electricity generation) for drying wood chips and sawdust.
Dorset has much experience in drying wood chips and sawdust. Throughout the year our dryers use residual heat (for instance from electricity generation) for drying wood chips and sawdust. The drying of wood increases the combustion value and lowers storage costs (less sensitive to natural harmful effects).
This is also a frequently used pre-treatment in wood gasification, or for processing wood into briquettes, panels and similar products.
The advantages of drying
- Making good use of residual heat during the entire year;
- Lower treatment, storage and transport costs;
- New sales and utilization possibilities;
- Making good use of residual heat during the entire year.
Advantages of the Dorset Dryer
- Low energy consumption;
- Highly compact and flexible;
- Requires little maintenance;
- Fully automatic operation without supervision is possible;
- Low dust generation through low air speed;
For more information about the drying of wood please read our brochure (PDF).
The ‘TOMO’ Dorset Dryer was specially developed for the drying of wood, grass, alfalfa and compost. The ‘TOMO’ Dorset Dryer is delivered in a container. Several different units can be installed, such as an air cleaning system and a heat recuperation system.
We develop and produce solutions for processing organic waste streams, air cleaning, electronic identification and animal housing.
These products are diveded over three divisions:
Green Machines, Identification en Farm Systems.