Part of the humidity in the manure can be removed through the drying process. The volume can be reduced to 1/10 of the original volume of the manure.
Dorset has many years of experience in drying (liquid) manure. The warm air which is required for this process can be supplied by using either warm stable air or residual heat from the generation of electricity.
Drying helps to reduce both the processing and transport costs. The dried end product still contains many minerals and is therefore a good nutrient for plants.
|Dried product||Dried and pelletized product|
The advantages of drying
- Making good use of residual heat during the entire year;
- Lower treatment, storage and transport costs;
- New sales and utilization possibilities;
- Hygienization and reduced emissions and reduced odours;
Advantages of the Dorset Dryer
- Low energy consumption;
- Highly compact and flexible;
- Requires little maintenance;
- Fully automatic operation without supervision is possible;
- Through remixing, a separation of the manure is not necessary;
- Low dust generation through low air speed;
- Simple to combine with Dorset air washers
For more information about the drying of (liquid) manure please read our brochure (PDF).
We develop and produce solutions for processing organic waste streams, air cleaning, electronic identification and animal housing.
These products are divided over three divisions:
Green Machines, Identification and Farm Systems.